Thursday, January 6, 2011

Feeling Accomplished or Something Like That...

I love having a productive day and actually getting things done off my to-do list!  I haven't had a productive day in a long time because I've been so tired and lazy and haven't felt like doing anything...

I guess because the baby will be here in less than a month, I'm nesting or attempting to anyways.

I've gone through several buckets (that I never unpacked when we moved) and thrown a lot of stuff away that we don't need, don't use, it's broken, etc.

I've gone through my clothes and Adam's trying to get rid of clothes we don't wear anymore.  (I didn't get rid of any of my pre-pregnancy clothes yet though because who knows what will fit and what I will wear when I am back to normal.  (Though I have only gained 4 lbs so far this pregnancy total!! - I've lost some and gained some but as of right now I am 4 lbs more than I was at my first ob appointment!!)

I started cutting up all the t-shirts we don't wear to make another t-shirt quilt.  It seems that's the best way to save old t-shirts you don't want to get rid of due to sentimental value etc.  We have tons!  I made one for me back in High School and started one for my little sister that same year - I finally finished her's and gave it to her for Christmas!  I have all of the sleeves and collars and backs that I'm not using cut off.  I just have to square them up and put it all together!  Hopefully one day soon!  I still have a few more shirts to cut up - but I have to wait for Adam's approval since they are his.  Some of his I knew I could cut up...others I'm not so sure of!

I've cleaned the big portion of our bathroom which consists of the garden tub, 2 counters, the sink, and 4 mirrors!  I only have the closet shower, toilet and floor to go.  I needed a break after bending and all that jazz.  I told Adam that starting tonight he will have to start showering in the hall bathroom because that's where I shower (it's a bigger shower - not a tiny closet or stand shower or whatever you want to call it) and I don't want to have to scrub two showers again before the baby comes!  Haha I'm a mean wife!  Parker just might have to start taking his baths in there as well so that I don't have to clean that huge garden tub again for a while - I have decided that I don't think they are worth it! haha

Looking at the list I suppose it doesn't look like much, but it's more than I've done in one day in a long time it seems! :)

0 comments: