Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Past 5 Days...

So Thursday evening, we had our traditional dinner at Chuck E Cheese. Matt and Kari came with us this time and it was a lot of fun. Their wings are very addicting. Then we headed over to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. I had a Strawberry Banana Smoothie. It was so good. I think that's what I'll get from now on there.

Then Friday evening, we went over to the Johnson's house to hang with Maren and Ryan. Ryan cooked for us and it was so good. We were going to get in the pool, but Bishop had just shocked it. The six of us played Phase Ten instead. It was a lot of fun. I went from last place to second place by the time we ended the game.

Then Saturday, we had a busy day. We rode with Mom to Lufkin for Hunter's T-Ball game. He did so well. He got a home run and two triples! Then we rushed to the mall to see the movie UP in 3d. There were six adults (Caryn, Mom, Court, Janelle, Adam and Me), Three children (Hunter, Taylor and Tucker), and two babies - babies because we didn't have to pay for them (Meredith and Parker). We all loved the movie - at least I think all the adults did as well. Poor Tucker fell asleep because it had been a long morning. Taylor said the movie was amazing. Adam and I watched most of the movie in the isle with Parker. It was our first time to take him to a movie and I don't think I want to do it again until he is a little bit older. We brought Caryn's three kids home with us. We stopped at sonic on the way home because we were all starving. Adam and I had had a pop-tart and popcorn and that was it all day. Mom, Adam and I ordered the meal deal combo - you know the combo comes with a burger, fries, and a drink right? Well apparently this Sonic didn't know that because they only gave us the burger and drink. They told us they would send us out fries then the Manager came out and said he wouldn't charge us because we paid with a card etc. What do you mean you wont charge us? We said we wanted the combo, why would we order the combo and not want fries? Craziness. The kids spent the night with Mom and Parker, Adam and I headed home to sleep. When we got home, our AC was frozen. Adam spent the next hour trying to defrost it. With the use of lots of paper towels, a hair dryer, etc. he finally got it fixed. I was happy that he got it fixed. If he hadn't been home or hadn't been able to fix it, I would have been packing bags and we would be sleeping at Mom's as well. We were in bed after one and then our sweet precious son decided at 2:30 to wake up. He woke up again at 5:30.

So Sunday, I had to get up to help the kids get ready for church because Mom had a meeting - being the new Relief Society President and all (yeah I'm still kinda shocked about that one), so I was going on about 3-4 hours sleep. We got the kids dressed and ready and headed to church. Tucker sat with me most of Sacrament Meeting and I got Parker occasionally. Needless to say, I only heard bits and pieces of the talks. Then I spent most of Sunday School with Parker in the foyer or with Tucker trying to convince him to go with Aunt Squirt to Primary. For Relief Society, I was still trying to convince Tucker to go to Primary - of the two hours, I bet he only stayed a total of 20 minutes. Then we headed home and had lunch and we put the kids down for "quiet time" (the two older ones don't like naps apparently). I tried getting Parker to sleep, but he was so fussy and burning up. Needless to say, he spent the afternoon in a diaper and we gave him Tylenol every 4 hours. He was so fussy and wouldn't finish a bottle. Not like Parker at all. We finally got him to sleep and Taylor and Hunter came out because they didn't want to sleep. Adam turned on Happy Feet (cute movie) for them and we told them they had to be very quiet and not wake up Parker. They were mostly successful. Mom and Taylor went to Vidor to see Kev and Sarah that evening and Tucker wanted to go, but I wanted him to stay to play with me (selfish I know) so he stayed and we ate strawberries and made eggs, pancakes, and bacon for dinner and then played Uno. Hunter won the first round and then lost the second. He started to cry and I told him not to be sad that he lost. He should be happy because at least he had fun playing the game (or at least I hoped he had). He said that every time he loses it makes him think of his dog that died. (I tried so hard not to laugh in front of him...he comes up with crazy things like that all the time.)

Monday, Sarah came down and three adults (Sarah, Kari and Me) took five kids (Hunter, Taylor, Tucker, Claire, and Parker) to the water park. They had a lot of fun. Sarah and Kari took Parker around for a few minutes even. Then we headed home and between the 7 people that can eat real food, we downed 19 hot dogs. Please note that the adults had only two each. So between 4 kids, 14 hot dogs were eaten! Parker got so fussy. He was still burning up and still on the Tylenol every 4 hours. I was supposed to meet Caryn to bring the kids back, but knew I couldn't handle being in a car for two hours with a fussy baby. So Kari and Matt came to my rescue and took them for me. I finally got Parker to sleep about an hour, hour and a half tops and he woke up still fussy and not finishing a bottle. So I called the doctor and they wanted me to be there in twenty five minutes. I live a good 20 minutes from the doctor so it didn't give me much time to get Parker packed up and get on the road. Adam thankfully met us there, and we didn't get to see our normal pedi, we saw a different doctor that said nothing was wrong with him babies just like to fuss and want to be held. Are you kidding me? I was totally not happy with that. We went back to Moms and played the Wii for a while - Mom, Adam, Matt, and Kari all took turns entertaining Parker to give me a break and Matt and Adam went and got blizzards for us!!!

Today - Parker has spent most of the day asleep (catching up I suppose). He felt a little hot earlier and last night Mom said to keep giving him the Tylenol every 4 hours. He has finished or almost finished both bottles he has had today and has been asleep! I think he has been awake a total of an hour. I think that he just likes to be home and too much excitement for a few days is too hard on him.

If you made it reading this far, I am totally surprised. This is like a freaking journal entry!


Eric and Hilary said...

Seriously! Longest post ever!!!!