Thursday, July 23, 2009

Swimming and Slacking

Swimming.......
Aunt Andrea bought this cute little floaty for Parker. He loved it, however, it sits him down so low that he leans forward and drinks the water - luckily we had his star floaty in the car and put him in that. Hopefully we can use this one one day!!
We love the new pool that Adam's Dad and Step Mom bought for us! Marie told John that I wouldn't come visit this summer unless they got a pool and I kept picking on them about it and they got one! WE LOVE IT!!! It's a round above ground pool that the pool people put in the ground and put a sidewalk all the way around it. The hole between the pool and sidewalk will eventually have small white rock or something in there - they had to leave a gap in case one day they have to change out the liner or whatever.


This is what happens when you stay in a pool for two hours. I think Parker's whole body was a prune!
Do you see Parker's red eye? The one on the right in this photo. Our sweet baby boy has learned how to stand up the past few weeks and falls because he tries to be brave and lets go. He fell on something and make his eye red. Poor Boy. It hasn't stopped him though. After we got him to stop crying and put him back down to play, what does he do...gets right back up and stands up again.
Here is a bigger picture of Parker's play mat. Aunt Squirt came over one day and she had fun (I think?!?) rearranging everything so two colors weren't next to each other. Thanks Kari! Now we need to get it to where there aren't two letters or numbers together. Perhaps spell something - but Parker's name is out of the question because there is only one of each letter. As long as he falls on this when he is being adventurous he doesn't cry (most of the time anyways). It has been a great investment so far!



Slacking......

Thanks to this wonderful invention, we have a room to ourselves again. I know what you're thinking he is six months old he should have been in his own room in his crib a long time ago. However, the ac in his room didn't work so well and we didn't have a monitor. Thanks to Uncle Court - we have a better air conditioner and thanks to Amazon - we got this sucker cheaper than we would at Target or Walmart!!
I promise you I don't put him in the corner of his bed. However, this is where he ends up within minutes of us laying him down! He loves his monkey thanks to Awna D!


I loved this clock in the store and had to buy it! Adam hung it up on our wall shortly after we were married...look closely at the pictures - they aren't of us! We have yet to put pictures of us in there. Isn't it a cute clock though? Maybe one day we will get our act together and put pictures in it.

Do you see something missing from the above picture?
A letter perhaps -
Here it is on top of our tv. Funny story actually. It was the night before my college graduation, and both of our family's Christmas Parties. I was stressing trying to make a cute gift for Adam's family party - I wanted it to say family but Hobby Lobby didn't have all the letters so I had it say Home instead. I left it out at moms house and ran home for a minute and Matt was trying to do me a favor by moving it so it wouldn't get broken and dropped the M on the floor and it snapped in half. Being the amazing brother in law that he his he jumped in his car and was headed to Beaumont (30 minutes away) to buy me another M. He called explaining what he was doing - I was in tears from stress and frustration. I told him I would just take the M off my wall and fix it up. So that's what I did. We ripped the paper off of mine and put the new paper on and it was as good as new. I don't think my gift went over well at the party (they do a secret gift exchange - you don't know who its from and you can steal a gift or open a new one - you know the game). Anyways. My sister made me a new M and do you see where it sits...that's right on top of our tv. Along with the H that fell off the wall. We have yet to hang both back up. You can see the frame things are even right there for us to put on the backs to hang them up. Slackers!!!
And this puppy....Well this is Adam's one touch to the living room. It's a great conversation starter when new people come over.

2 comments:

John & Marie Haynes said...

Grandma Marie says get that baby out of that corner. Grandpa says if he gets lonely in his room he can come and stay with Grandpa and Grandma Haynes. We will give him whatever he needs...Grandma says anything....

The Bedke Fam said...

i love that parker loves the pool. and his pruney lil feet. so cute! that clock is sweet. you get your act together girl and get some pics in there :)