Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Have You Ever Wondered...

Why ME????

Remember the 1994 movie The Little Rascals? And things have been going wrong with Alfalfa and he says, "Then the clouds opened up and God said, 'I hate you Alfalfa!'" Do you ever feel like that sometimes.

Friday I was sitting at home and around 1:00 or so the power went out. I called Adam and told him and then called my mom and asked her to call energy for me because I had no power to look up the phone number and who really uses a paper phone book these days?!? Parker was asleep so I jumped in the shower quick and headed to moms. Adam went by our house on his way home from work and the power was still out and there was a note from energy saying it wasn't their fault that it was our main breaker box. So Adam trying to flip the switch several times and it just kept popping back off. So we packed and stayed at moms that night.

Saturday we ran by and Adam flipped the switch again and the power turned on. We still stayed at moms though just in case. Sunday Adam and Matt ran by to check on it in the evening and it was on. So we packed everything up (minus Parker's pack n play just in case - I promise I'll come get it mom!) and headed home. The power was fine but the electrician was still going to come by.

So Monday I stayed home and waited and waited. They finally showed up at 3 and turned off the power until 4:30 or 4:45. It turned back on and everything seemed fine. They said they had fixed it and replaced it with new stuff. However, when I went to put clothes from the washer to the dryer, the dryer wouldn't turn on. My first thought was great - somehow the dryer broke during all this mess. Adam went out and flipped the switch and the dryer started working.

We went to sleep last night and everything was fine or so I thought. I was tossing and turning all night and it seemed like it was 3 or 4 in the morning and it was only 1 when I looked at the clock. All of the sudden the power went out and I woke Adam up to tell him. He thought I was joking and when he realized I was right he went out and flipped the switch again and it came back on.

Parker and I woke up around 9ish and he was happily playing in the living room and I had the tv on for background noise and was checking out my facebook and email and all the thousands of blogs I read. All of a sudden the power went out again. I headed to moms, Adam came home for lunch and turned it back on. Kari and I headed to our hair appointment (pictures soon to come if you are lucky - I love my hair!!) and when we got home things seemed fine. I threw a load of Parker's stuff in the washer (it seems like I am doing a load for him every few days). I had Adam get up and put them in the dryer for me. They were in there forever I thought. I figured they would be done by then and so I went to check and the timer or whatever was still at the 40. Are you kidding me. I thought "great Parker's clothes are probably burning up". So I opened the dryer and they were cold. They seemed dry though.

It seems like lately anything and everything is going wrong. I feel as though our Father in Heaven only gives us trials that he knows we can handle, but they get so annoying and frustrating. It almost makes me want to move away. Our trailer has been such a blessing. A good friend I met from working at the UPS Store helped us find it and the owners were so nice to us. It's very old, but they ended up selling it to us for way cheap so that we wouldn't have to keep paying them rent. Now it's almost like we are paying rent again because we keep having to fix everything. Luckily the trailer park has to pay for the breaker box because it's the one in the ground. I really do appreciate all our blessings and everything we have been giving and it has been so nice having mom and dad so close for these types of incidents so that we can stay the night over there easily. I'm just tired of it! Why ME????

0 comments: