Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Violence

How do you feel about violent video games?

A while back we went to a friends house and a video games was being played. The point of the game is to shoot the bad guys and when you do blood spurts onto the screen. I don't like it. I don't think it's appropriate for any age. I don't want it in my house. I told Adam that I didn't care how old Parker was, he would not play that game in my home.

Does this make me a bad mom? Does it make me the uncool and unhip mom? It is unfair to Adam for me to say that without giving him an opinion?

What are you thoughts on games like these?

3 comments:

.Cassie Elizabeth. said...

are you counting zombie games too?

Laurie said...

I am the same way. It depends on how graphic the games are. I try to listen to Aaron's opinion and trust him.

~kiMbeRLy~ said...

Totally your choice...We both play the shoot 'em up games. Usually there is an option to turn off the splatter...which is the only way I play. I may side with you when we have a little one.