Monday, February 1, 2010

Yes, Blessings Do Come

Today is the first of the month, which means for a lot of America PAYDAY! Today we see our bank accounts shoot up to high high numbers and then watch the accounts dwindle right before our eyes as we pay each and every bill.

Today as I was looking at our gas bill, I noticed that it said there was a credit on the account and that we didn't owe any money. That's odd. I haven't been over paying the bill. (I always get worried when bills say there is nothing due - I always think it's a typing error and usually pay it anyways.)

So I call the gas company and there is an over 50 minute wait, but they have this call back thing so you don't have to sit on hold for 5,000 years and it supposedly calls you back when it's your turn etc. Works for me. All I had to do was enter the phone number I wanted them to call me back at and my name.

They called back and I explained my dilemma about not having to pay and they explained that because we have paid on time on our account consecutively, we got our deposit back that we paid 2 years ago. There is going to be a credit on next months bill too!!

One of my student loan bills has said for the past few months it isn't due until four months later, however, I still continue to pay it, because I am scared it's just a typing error and month after month, it comes back and says it isn't due for another four months...

0 comments: