Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hectic

It has been a crazy week to say the least.  We found out Saturday morning that my Grandfather passed away.  We have spent the majority of the week with my family.  It was good to see aunts, uncles and cousins that I haven't seen in years.  It was also great that Court and Crick were able to fly in to be with us (even though they had to make crazy sacrifices - one had to fly from utah to houston to austin and drive the four hours because it was cheaper to do that and the other had to fly from chicago to houston to lake charles because it was the cheaper way as well).  My sister and her three kids came down and stayed at my house and it was so good to spend time with them before they move even further away. 

At the funeral, I cried.  I'm not really sure.  I don't really feel like it was the sadness - I'm not sure what it was - a few tears were dropped as the Eulogy was being given and then several tears were shed as my brother talked about Christ and how we can all return to be with him one day.  This particular brother showed more emotion than I was ever expecting.  He's the tough guy, never sick, lets things roll off his back, but I could see that he was getting a little emotional. 

In the middle of all of this, I had my Gestational test.  It's hard to believe I'm 28 weeks.  The range is 65-139 and my number that the test got was 162.  A little high, but not as high as my personal meter got - I checked it right before and right after they took my blood.  One reading I got was 196 and the other was 193.  Good to know that my meter is still a good 30 points off.  (do you sense the sarcasm??)

I now get to do the three hour test which I am not looking forward to, but I'll do whatever I have to do to keep this baby healthy. 

1 comments:

Rondi said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. Tears are OK, don't be ashamed. Even Christ wept and we are no better than He is. When a tough personality guy sheds a tear, it is a touching moment. The Spirit was truly there.