Sunday, March 14, 2010

Red Bud!

We had a great time this weekend. I headed to Caryn's house Thursday night (Parker stayed home with his dad and Aunt Mandy - she watched him Friday while Adam was at work) and Friday morning we got up and ran a few errands and then made cute shirts for the kids (I got the idea from my friend Elizabeth's Blog). I brought the kids back with me because Caryn and Justin had tickets to see Phantom of the Opera (yeah I'm pretty jealous!). Adam and I took the kids up to Buna for Red Bud (their town's festival and parade) (Court, Janelle, and Meredith met us after the parade for the festival). Caryn and I decided that all the kids should wear the shirts we made to make it easier to keep an eye out for all them.
Here are the kids sporting their shirts Saturday Morning before we headed to Red Bud...

Tucker is a stud!
Tucker's Shirt
Taylor's Shirt
Hunter's Shirt
"If we wave, will we get more candy?"
Parker had fun picking up candy that went behind us with Grandpa
Lots of candy fell our way
"Look at the candy I got Aunt Kim"
Watching for cool floats and lots of candy.
Riding on the back of the golf cart to the Parade!
Our loot from the Parade - Thanks to Aunt Mandy for going out in the road to get the candy that didn't make it to us! (I sent it all home with Caryn's Kids too! haha - I don't need the candy, that's for sure! So now Caryn gets it!)
The bag was half full of goods!
Oh Parker!
Parker fell asleep right when we got there...He slept about 20 minutes or so and that's the only nap he had all day...luckily he slept great that night.
Meredith doesn't like looking at the camera when I am trying to take pictures!
Court's Turkey Leg - It was sooooo good! We also got nachos, funnel cakes, a pork-a-bob, and lots of lemonade!
Hunter's Corn Dog - it was sooo good!
Check out that Hot Dog - Tuck had one too, but before he even got a bite, his hit the ground and I took these while Adam was in line to buy him a new one!
Hunter, Aunt Janelle, and Meredith on the Ferris Wheel
Tucker on the Swing (he wouldn't look at me...the lil stinker!)
Taylor on the Swing
Meredith, Tucker and Taylor picking out ducks from the pond
Hunter picking out his ducks
Picking out his ducks
Parker Waiting his turn...
Aunt Mandy (Parker's Aunt - Adam's Sister) was sweet enough to pay for all the kids to pick ducks out of the pond to win a prize! The guy gave her a great deal for all five of them and gave them all great toys...Parker got a tail-less monkey, Hunter and Tucker picked out yellow balls, Taylor picked out an I-Carly Blow Up Microphone, and Meredith wanted the Nemo Stuffed Fish! Thanks Aunt Mandy!!
Do you see the duck tape on the ground? Hunter kept standing/sitting right in front of the tv, so Adam made him a line to go by - The other kids were getting mad because they couldn't see with Hunter right in front...this was the perfect solution!
The three boys (Taylor went to stay with Meredith at Mom's house) slept so well!

At church today a member of the 12 Apostles (L. Tom Perry) came and spoke to us and my family got to feed him lunch after the meeting before he caught his flight back home. Caryn's Kids were able to meet him and shake his hand and then we headed home to get out of the way while a few stayed to help Mom finish everything up!

Adam got a little burned this weekend...can you tell? :)

Adam ordered me cheap cookbooks and the box they came in has been in the living room. Parker decided to climb in it tonight and watch television. He's such a crazy, cute kid!





I loved being able to keep Caryn's kids. They were a handful at times and I had to get onto them a few times for not listening, but I really do love her kids. Today after lunch I had them sit down to watch a movie because they were too rowdy and needed to calm down. I became the bad guy because the other cousins were getting to run around and they couldn't. I felt bad, and I think a few of the adults might not have liked the fact that they were having quiet time, but they really needed it. Caryn's kids mean a lot to me and I would do anything for them.

We had a great weekend and I can't wait until Red Bud next year! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good auntie and your child is oh so adorable!!!

Elizabeth said...

Your shirts turned out seriously SO cute! (and I LOVE pork-a-bobs! haha...) Looks like you guys had fun!