Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm a Total Dork

Last night I washed a cookie sheet, pizza pan and cutting board by hand and put them in the oven to dry.  I know what you are going to say...Don't ever put something in the oven that can't go in there...

Well I knew that I would check the oven before I turned it on again...hahaha yeah right!!
I turned the oven on today to preheat it to make dinner and a little while later I started smelling something.  It finally clicked that I put that cutting board in there.  I opened the oven and got it out as fast as I could and took it out.  It was too late!  It had already melted some.  Luckily I had the cookie sheet underneath it so it wasn't that bad of a mess.  Adam came home just about then and cleaned everything up for me.  The house no longer smells like burnt plastic and the oven is totally cleaned out now.  I still cooked dinner at my grandma's tonight just it case though!

Check out the pictures of the burnt cutting board...

Two sides were hanging over the pan and that's where it was melting. This is the bottom side...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha Totally have done that a million times! But I put the dishes in the oven to hide when people come over unexpectedly and my kitchen is horrid! LoL