Monday, September 27, 2010

Naps

Monday through Friday, Parker is usually really good about taking naps.  He may cry for a few minutes but he stops quickly and goes right to sleep.  I am a huge fan of nap time for the little guy.  If he doesn't get a nap, he is very cranky.  However, on Saturday's and Sunday's it is almost impossible to get him to take a nap.  I blame it on Adam being at home.  You see Parker has Adam wrapped around his little finger.  Before bedtime each night, Parker gets to cuddle on the couch with his dad.  Adam won't just take him to bed because he wants Parker to sit with him.  I told Adam that it is fine that he wants Parker to cuddle with him, but it's not my fault when he doesn't go to bed...

Adam tried to get Parker to lay in his bed on Saturday and Sunday for a nap, but Parker wouldn't have it.  Saturday he napped with his dad on the couch and Sunday - he cried about 15 minutes in his bed before finally falling asleep.  Poor kid.  Adam usually gives in and either goes and lays in his bed with him or brings him back out and tells me that Parker isn't ready to go to sleep!  Today when it was nap time, I carried him to his bed, put him down, covered him up and walked out of the room.  Parker didn't make a peep and fell asleep.  That's the difference when Adam is home putting him down and when it's Me home putting him down!

What's it going to be like around here at Nap Time with 2 kids???  I don't think I'm quite ready for that and have about 19 weeks to prepare myself!  Adam will just have to get tougher!! haha

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting the kids on the same nap schedule sucks LoL Good luck!