Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And so it begins...

I went to my gestational diabetes appointment yesterday.  Let me just tell you - after having gone through it all with Parker, I felt like it was a total waste of my time.  I didn't learn anything new except I check my sugar at different times than I did with Parker, I take different insulin, and I have to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks.  Last time it was 3 meals and 1 snack. 

At each meal I have to eat so many carbs, meats and fats.  Breakfast is 2 carbs (15 g is 1 carb) snack is 1 carb, lunch is 3 carbs, snack 1 carb, dinner 3 carbs, snack 2 carbs.  That's not counting all the meats, fats, and veggies I have to add to it.  That is a lot more food than I've been eating. 

I'm not looking forward to being on a set schedule either.  I have to check my sugar at certain times and take my shots at certain times and eat at certain times....I have been waking up about 9, eating about 10 or 11 and then a small snack or small lunch around 2 or so and then I'll eat dinner when Adam gets home...

No more sweets or anything like that - which kind of bites because I've been craving Twizzlers pull n peel this pregnancy.  I did it before I suppose I can do it again.  Luckily, I only have 9 weeks until the baby comes because of my scheduled c-sec! 

0 comments: