Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bed Time

So bed time doesn't go to well around our home.  You see we stay up late chatting, catching up on our shows that we have recorded etc.  Needless to say, we don't start getting Parker ready for bed until 10 pm at the earliest!  We need to have him on a routine and going to bed at a decent time but we don't.

We used to be able to walk him to bed and he would stay in there and go to sleep.  He was so good about going to bed and I thought - wow that was pretty easy!

Now that Riglee is here, they are sharing a room, which is totally fine for right now.  However, Riglee decides to sleep all day and ends up being wide awake from about 9 or 10 until 12 or 1.  This doesn't make it any easier getting Parker to go to bed.

You see he thinks that if Riglee is going to hang out with Mom and Dad, he can too.  We put him in bed and he comes out a thousand times. 

My arm hurts.
My finger hurts.
My eyes hurt.
My leg hurts.
I want medicine.
Riglee needs to be in bed.

The list goes on and on.

Tonight - one of the thousands of times he came out of his room, he laid on the couch and when I told him to go to bed, he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep.  He is so funny.

How do you get your kid to stay in bed???

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

well....we put a child lock on the inside of his bedroom door, so he can't come out. Sounds terrible, I know, but it works. I'm not looking forward to the day when he figures it out, or is potty trained and we can't keep in there anymore!