Friday, March 4, 2011

Yesterday Was Not My Day...But I Did Get to Sleep All Night!

So I don't even know if anyone even reads this anymore - but who really cares - honestly I started a blog to remind me of things when I get older and start to forget.  Which is already started happening!  It's more like a journal of the crazy things that have happened or the fun or the bad etc.

Anyways - Yesterday - I told you all about the tree roach that decided to take over my bed.  All roaches are nasty and disgusting but I'll take a tree roach any day over those nasty cockroaches - mega gross!

Well I washed my comforter and spread it out over the couch to dry because the dryer isn't working and then put a new set of sheets on my bed.  I figured I'd just wash the nasty roach gut sheets when the dryer got fixed since I had a spare set. 

That was until I put both kids on my bed and changed both diapers and when I picked them both up - there was a wet spot on my sheets.  Pee? Maybe.  Spit Up?  Maybe.  Annoying? Yes!

So I took the flat sheet off the bed and noticed it had gone through that (both kids were laying on top of a blanket mind you).  I then proceeded to take off the fitted sheet because it was on that.

Then I even had to take off the mattress pad because he had gotten on that!  UGH!  I don't have an extra extra set of sheets!  or an extra mattress pad!  So I headed to my sisters house, put both sets of sheets in her washer and headed to Wal-Mart.  I found another mattress pad for cheap - so that we would now have an extra and looked for a comforter set (bed in bag or something) that kind of matched what we already have.

It is nice to have spares of everything you know. 

Well our sets now are in the brown family (as in the color brown) and all I could find were sets with black at 3 different stores!  That's okay no biggie right - At least I'll have clean sheets.

That took up most of my day - then we headed to dinner with Friends - Friends that we've missed - Friends that we haven't spent time with since Riglee was born and she's a month old now.

While we were all sitting there enjoying a nice dinner - with 6 adults, a 5 year old, a 2 year old, a 9 month old and a 1 month old - I was attempting to clean up after the 2 year old (Parker) and knocked over my full cup of diet dr pepper and it went rushing towards Matt!

Luckily he has great reflexes and moved out of the way in time and stopped the river of ddp with his hand.  Ryan told me to throw the whole roll of paper towels down on the spill - but did I listen?  No - but I should have!

While I was cleaning that up - I spilled over my cup of salsa! 

Yesterday was not my day at all! 

But Parker was in bed around 11 (pretty good for him and us) and Riglee followed shortly there after.

When I heard her fussing this morning I looked at the clock and saw what time it was.  6:58 am.  Yep she made it all night!  I'm pretty happy about it.

She is an amazing little girl and we love her a lot!  She is really good except for the fact that she pees every time I change her diaper.  She doesn't do that for Adam or for my Mom...the little stinker!

The End.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I still read it!! It's always good to hear what's going in that part of the US!! :) I'm glad to hear that Riglee slept through the night. I remember the first time Ethan did...it was amazing!! Hope you are doing well and keep posting your stories!!

Kimberly said...

Awh thanks Britt!

Riglee will sleep all night and then go several nights waking up every 2, 3, or 4 hours and then sleep all night one night again. It's pretty crazy and pretty ridiculous!