Monday, April 13, 2009

Parkers First Crawfish Boil

Get ready for picture overload...Saturday we went over to the McCallon's (Adam's second family, Kari's inlaws, my friends, Matt's family) House for a crawfish boil. Megan came in from New Orleans and Heather, Shane and Hannah came in from Austin. It was so much fun to be able to spend time with them and catch up. Because of this, I give you Pictures from Parker's First Crawfish Boil...Shane and Hannah enjoying her "animals". They were snails and rolliepollies!Doesn't that look good? The first batch was weak for Shane...They spiced up the next batch for me!It took forever for the water to boil. However, it is an 80 quart (I think) pot. So obviously it would take a while.Yay! It's boiling!Aunt Squirt and Parker enjoying the sun. Notice Parker's cute sandals that I finally have a picture of!Heather is expecting a little boy in August and just loved Parker. But of course....who doesn't.Megan enjoying a cookie! They were good. I dunno who made them, but when I walked in and saw them, I cheated and ate 2. Shhh don't tell.Parker likes chewing on his hands and fists.Uncle Matt cheesin it for the camera and patiently awaiting crawfish!Here is the group. Matt off on the side, Adam, Kari and Parker, Megan, Heather, and the back of Caleb.
Megan and Heather - I get such great poses of Megan don't you think.And great poses of Aunt Squirt!
Caleb, Adam and ShaneHere's Adam...

We loved being outside for a few hours enjoying good food and friends and family. I got a little sunburnt on my cheeks and nose and I know Shane got burnt, but I dunno if anyone else did. Thanks goodness Parker didn't! I didn't think to pack sunscreen and it was pretty overcast. Bad Mommy.....However, Thanks McCallons for being Adam's second family. I love getting invited to family parties such as these!


This is just a quick video of Parker talking. Sorry for all the talking in the background and for the videoing quality. I was not so good at it the other night.

9 comments:

Hilary said...

To answer your question, no that does not look good. Hahahaha!

Heather Guymon said...

I want him. At least until Connor gets here then my hands would be too full lol!

OH and by the way you called me SUZIE in the picture of all us sitting together...the one where Megan is standing talking to me hahahaha! I was like OMG! SHE called me my MOM! LOL

Kimberly said...

Sorry Heather!!! haha I fixed it just for you!

Shayla said...

When I served in Silsbee, I went to a crawfish boil and got pressured into sucking the head of a crawfish. I did it but I wasn't too happy about it. I know it's not a big deal to y'all but for a Westerner, that was big-time bravery!

Love Parker's noise. Too cute!

PureDesign said...

Thanks again for coming to hang out it was a lot of fun, and well worth the sun burn.

Unknown said...

Sorry Kim, no it does not look good! Yuck! Anyways looked like alot of fun going down in boring Buna. I can't wait till I am able to get down there.

Becky said...

That craw fish does look good!! I never experienced a craw fish boil until I moved here. I'm addicted now!

Kimberly said...

I know I fixed it to say heather!

The Bedke Fam said...

it looks so yummy and fun!! i love the lil chatter box video...haha.