Sunday, January 2, 2011

Terrible Twos

It seems my cute little boy has hit the age when he is going to test me and try my patience.

He hits, throws anything when he is mad or in trouble, spits, and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way.  It can be a little stressful at times.  The key is to be patient and stick to the rules and not bend.  He knows what's allowed and what isn't. 

It hasn't helped that his playmate (Adam) has been off of work for two weeks.  And that he has had tons of cousins to play with over the holidays and now its going to just be him again. 

It's going to be hard getting him back on his schedule of napping every day for me, but hopefully he will.  My goal is to get him in bed earlier too - no more late nights - he needs to be in bed no later than 9.  That's late enough for a little kid - everyone else I know puts their kids to bed between 7 and 8:30.  We'll see how it goes.

We also are getting anxious for the birth of our little girl.  The c-section date is set and I couldn't be more excited.

I am so tired of counting carbs, checking my sugar, only eating certain things, watching everyone else enjoy my favorites.  Not sure how they will monitor me in the hospital and when the baby comes, but I am ready to have a shake, a piece of cake, some candy, eat as much bread as I want, actually eat a bowl of cereal and not just 3/4 of a cup (that isn't much when you really measure it out). 

0 comments: