Friday, February 18, 2011

2 Weeks Old

I took Riglee to the doctor today for her 2 week check up.  Amazingly enough I got put in a room after waiting a max of only about 15 minutes.  That's good for her doctor's office.  The nurse measured her, weighed her etc and then told us the doctor would be in soon. 

Here is the problem - all of the rooms were empty when we went in ours.  I heard our doctor visit the rooms around us before he came into see us.  We had been waiting for about 45 minutes in the room.  At about 15 minutes a nurse came in and asked why we were visiting - I said her 2 week check up - and then she asked us what doctor we were seeing.  At 35 minutes I had peeked out and asked if we were going to get seen - yeah I was bugged - I wouldn't usually do that.  The doctor came in finally and apologized that the computers had been down and that he was backed up and I said oh okay.  I think he could tell I was bugged.   He didn't say much and neither did I.

Here are her stats:
8 lbs 14 oz
21 1/2 inches long (she's getting tall and staying skinny - just like her bro)

- She is eating about 4 ounces every 4 hours, sometimes I can make it go 5 hours. 
- She had been waking up about every 4 hours in the night to eat until last night - she slept 7 hours straight
- She is picking her head up to look around
- She sleeps most of the day still
- Total I think she is only awake about 6 hours in the day if that.
- She won't take a pacifier from me, but she will from Adam
- She still has that stinking umbilical cord thing - but it is starting to come off
- She cuddles almost every evening with my mom - it's their quality time!
- Mom is the one that bathes her (since it still has to be a sponge bath) because she loves me and I ask her (I hate doing the whole sponge bath thing)

Parke
- Loves being a big brother
- Wants to hold her all the time
- Likes Riglee's Pacifiers more than she does
- Loves holding the bottle to feed her and no one can help him - he'll push our hands off the bottle so he can do it himself
- He moved up to size 4 diapers this week - but they are still a little big on him
- He gets his second wind about 8 or 9 o'clock and stays up with his Dad until about 11 or 12
- I haven't let him take naps the past few days because of this hoping he will go to sleep earlier - it hasn't worked

0 comments: