Monday, February 7, 2011

Riglee Madalyn

We were in bed mostly asleep yesterday morning when I got a phone call.  I thought who in the world is calling me at 7 am.  I looked at my phone and it said it was my nutritionist.  I said to Adam for reals - why is she calling me so early and I ignored the call.  Then I listened to the voicemail.  It wasn't my nutritionist - apparently all outgoing phone calls from the hospital go from one number.  It was by OB GYN.  He left a message saying that due to the weather (they were reporting major ice for Friday morning) he wanted to do my c-section that day at 12:30 instead of Friday Morning!

I got very excited and called the hospital back to have them page him and call me.  He said to be at the hospital at 10 am.  So Adam and I made the final preparations and headed to the hospital.   We signed all the paperwork and they put me on the monitors, hooked me up to my iv and got everything going!  At about 11 they came in and said that my dr wanted to go ahead with the surgery and not wait until 12:30!  I started getting very nervous.

The anesthesia guy was great - that was the worst part last time - and there were no tears shed this time.  I was left awake throughout the whole procedure - last time the guy gave me something that knocked me out I suppose because I was crying so much!

I'm not sure exactly what time, but Riglee Madalyn arrived at 8 lbs 2 oz and 19 inches long.  I got to briefly see her in the operating room and then they took her to the nursery.  I didn't get to see her again for about 5 hours.  That's so hard to wait that long to see your baby!

I was sick most of the day yesterday.  Didn't make many calls or text many people.  The nausea was terrible.  I am on a regular diet and I am supposed to check my sugar before I eat this morning and 2 hours after to see how I do.


So my post never uploaded in the hospital - so here it is Monday and I'm finally posting, but hey, at least I am posting pictures right?? :)





































5 comments:

Brittany said...

congrats kim! she's beautiful!! I'm glad things went better this time. i'm also nervous for the next go-around. parker looks like he's so cute with her.

Rondi said...

She's a cutie, Kim. And I love the pictures of Parker holding his new baby sister.

Sarah Fruge said...

She's so stinkin cute!

Unknown said...

Welcome Miss Riglee!! Love all the pics and so glad that things went well. I hope all the healing goes well...she is gorgeous!

Marshall and Shannon said...

She is so cute!!! Congrats! It will be fun that our kids share the same birthday!!