Friday, February 18, 2011

Tough Evening, Good Night, All Night

Last night was a little rough getting Parker to go to bed.  Adam read him a story and he kept making excuses to get out of bed.  His leg hurt, his teeth hurt, he needed to tell me good night, he needed to tell Awna D good night, he needed a drink, the list goes on and on.  Finally at 11:30, I decided enough was enough and that I would give Adam a break and I would take a turn with him.  Well - when I go in there, it isn't good news for Parker.  I put him in bed, covered him, kissed his forehead and said good night and then put a child lock on his door so he couldn't come out.  I hated to do it, but Adam had been trying for an hour to get him in bed.  He stood by his door crying, trying to get out for about 5 minutes, and then there was silence.  I waited a few more minutes before I went and checked on him and he was in bed asleep.  He has got to start going to bed at a decent time and we have to get him to go to bed without putting up so much of a fight.

Perhaps it's because Riglee sleeps in our room and he feels left out.  When Riglee gets on a better sleep schedule, she will be sleeping in his room, but until then, I'm not sure what to do!

Riglee did sleep from midnight until seven this morning!  It was definitely needed.  Poor Adam - he's exhausted from the late nights with Parker, middle of the night feedings with Riglee (yes I get up and feed her, but Adam wakes up), and early mornings for work.

0 comments: