Monday, May 11, 2009

Totally Random

So Matt has been promising me a GACC cookie since Parker was born, but I didn't get it because I was still supposedly diabetic. I got release from the doctor in late February early March but no cookie. Well here it is May and still no luck. Things have been crazy busy, money has been tight for everyone...so no special desserts lately. Well Matt told me tonight that if I called and ordered it, he would go get it. I had no clue what to say and they wanted it to be funny so they told me to get a pig on it and put Survivor for the whole Swine Flu crap that's going on.


Parker wants to stand up all the time and I get tired of holding him. At home I put him in the johnny jump up for about 30 minutes or so every day so that I won't have to hold him. Yesterday we decided to go get the walker out of the garage at mom's so that I wouldn't have to hold him. He did really good. He can move forwards and backwards in it and spin around. It is hard to believe he is only 4 months (on Wednesday). He rolls over very well too from his back to his tummy and back to his back. He started that on Friday.


This is a new outfit that Awna D bought him. I took pictures of him because he looks so cute in a hat don't you think?!?


This year was my first mother's day and let me tell you, it was just another day in the Haynes Household. Nothing special at all. We went to church and the Primary sang to us, but that was about it. Saturday night Adam was doing a test and Kari was working so Matt and I went to the store to buy lunch for Sunday. Matt made the lasagna Sunday morning for us and had it cooking while we were at church. When we got home, he made green beans and I made the bread and the salad (all I did was dump the bag in the bowl haha) and then we ate. I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher before we ate and then again after we ate. Then I had an emotional breakdown. I won't go into details because it will probably just make me more frustrated. We "scrounged" for dinner and then later that evening we headed home. Adam was sweet and took care of Parker most of the day for me so that part was excellent!

So to me, mother's day wasn't that amazing, or special...Just another day for us.

2 comments:

Maren said...

its all good. mom doesn't like the day either!!!

The Bedke Fam said...

love the survivor cookie. absolutely hilarious!!!