Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Disgusted

Yes folks, it's 4:15 in the morning and I am posting to the blog. Adam is a very heavy sleeper. By heavy I mean it takes me several taps and hits and calling his name out before he wakes up. This morning however, He heard something and woke me up. It kind of startled me because he jumped up and said what's that noise. He walked towards the kitchen turning the hallway/laundry room light on and peeked around the kitchen corner to look around and there he saw it. A stinking THIRD field mouse had its hind legs stuck to a glue trap and was using it front legs to move in our kitchen. It had gotten from the sink to in the middle of our table (we have a round table that is bamboo straw type wood tied together etc. The glue trap, however, wouldn't make it through to the middle of the table due to the pattern. Adam got another glue trap and stuck it under it somehow and then tried using a paper bowl to make itself stick to it. But it wasn't having it. So he got a third one and threw on top of it. Yes I watched the whole time in fear that it was going to get off the trap and run around my house.

The next part gets yucky...so if you get grossed out or are already as I am...don't read on.

He then used pliers to push down on top of the glue trap to make sure it was good and smashed because I told him I couldn't sleep listening to it yelp all night. He pushed down until it didn't yelp or move anymore. All I could see was glue traps. I then left the room because I didn't want to see him cut the tail to be able to throw it away. I'm not sure how he did it, but he bleached what he used and its in a Ziploc bag in case he has to use it again and the lovely mouse is in the dumpster! I think I want a cat...and I am not a fan of cats at all by any means...


Update:
I got back in bed and tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't. Visions of mice danced in my head. At 5:30 Adam got out of bed, got dressed and went to Walmart to get more glue traps, steel wool and I have no clue what else. I stayed in bed, turned on Amazing Race from Sunday, Started a load of laundry, folded clothes, etc. Then when Adam got home, he started using spray foam stuff to fill in cracks, put glue traps all over the kitchen and bathroom (we have luckily only seen them in the kitchen) and taped off all the vents from the air conditioner. I don't want another one getting in my house. I feel so violated. I swept the floor, mopped and sprayed everything down with clorox anywhere. I still feel like it isn't clean enough. Today after work, he is going to clean up outside to get all the trash from the neighbors picked up. After Adam finished checking everything and trying to ease my stress and fears, he showered and headed to work. I plan to finish with the laundry quick and head to mom and dads for the day. However, Adam says they are nocturnal and if that's the case maybe I should be spending nights at mom and dads instead of days, but I am headed to Caryn's soon to help her with a few things so Adam will be here with the Mice. He plans to do a lot of exterminating while I'm gone.

2 comments:

The Bedke Fam said...

how obnoxious of it. you seriously need a cat. not an indoor cat...an outdoor cat to protect you. just do it!!!

Laurie said...

We had mice problems since we have tons of acres behind our house. we recently got a dog and it has helped a lot.