Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Totally Random

I feel like nothing has been going on lately, but our lives have been crazy. Adam had the flu a few weeks ago. I kept him in our room for days because I didn't want Parker to get it. I spent the week cleaning everything from top to bottom daily. I went through so much Lysol and Clorox wipes. Adam got tired of staying in his room. We were all on meds.

Our nephew was blessed last weekend and it was fun to be together with our family minus Christopher (I really miss him...granted we don't always get along, but I haven't seen him in almost a year and before that almost another year). We then headed to Buna to see Adam's dad and step-mom. It is fun watching them interact with Parker because they rarely get to see him. It's hard to get up there on weekdays and on weekends, it seems if we are free they are busy. He got a little bruise on his forehead from falling, but all was fine. He is a tough kid.

This past week, we headed to Caryn's on Thursday to spend time with them. I walked into Caryn's office when we got there, handed him to her and said I had to pee after the long drive and a big ddp (diet dr pepper). He freaked out right when I handed him over. It broke my heart. Caryn and I have gotten really close over the past few years and for Parker to be like that made me so sad. We got to go eat lunch with Hunter and Taylor at school and see Tucker's daycare/preschool. We ate a lot it seems. Saturday we headed to Hunter's Coach Pitch Baseball Game. He did really well. They had two games and won both. He is such a good little batter and fast runner. We enjoyed Conference in between all the games.

Parker is growing so much and will be 9 months old on the 13th. He has a doctors apt sometime next week so I'll update everyone on his stats later.

Adam's birthday is Friday and Mom is going to babysit! We haven't been on a "date" since Marchish? It's hard to use grandparents as babysitters. Mom is the Relief Society President and works full time so it's hard and Adam's Parents are up in Buna - so you drive to Buna drop him off, drive to Beaumont then back to Buna to pick him up then back home...We would love for them to get to spend more time with them, but for an hour of just us, it makes it hard. I don't even care what we do!

I am ready for it to be cooler outside. I'm tired of the heat and humidity. I keep having not really deja vu's but though backs of school and Idaho and year when I was pregnant...I dunno. I'm ready for family time, holidays, delicious desserts (Jacquie - you can mail me any of your desserts you make!! :) )

0 comments: