Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'd Rather...

See a Spider than a Roach

See a Roach than a Mouse/Rat

Parker and I went to Lufkin with Mom, Kari and Matt so see Taylor for her birthday (it's on Wednesday). The ride home it was so cold. 53 degrees outside and Awna D (Mom) had the air conditioner on. I had them turn it off in the back half of the car, but I was still cold. I came home and told Adam I needed hot chocolate...

Rewind about two months....
I had seen what looked to be rat or mouse poop two pellets in the kitchen and two in the bathroom and called Adam at work to tell him that I wasn't happy about it. He stopped on his way home from work and got stuff to kill all the plants growing around our house outside, and mouse traps for the inside. He put one in the Kitchen under the counter by the microwave and three in the bathroom. One behind the toilet, one under the sink and one by the trash can. The one under the sink got toilet paper plastic bag stuck to it so I threw it away. We found out the toilet leaks and so the one behind the toilet was ruined and I threw it away a few days ago.

Fast forward to today...
I climb the gate and go into the kitchen to get a mug up over the microwave and glance down to see something moving. I don't like seeing things move. I am not a fan of any kind of bugs, rodents, critters, and most animals. There is a big fear of all of them for one reason or another. I look more careful and realize it is a mouse in the trap. It is a sticky trap and I know it can't get out and all I do is backup from it and tell Adam, "there is a mouse in the trap". He tells me to come back in the living room and goes into the kitchen and said it's just a field mouse. It's not that big of a deal. It's better than a rat. To me they are both equally the same. Adam threw it away and took it out to the dumpster. He said he could tell it hadn't been there long because he looked all along the walls and in cabinets for poop and there was none to be found. Here I am still paranoid three hours later. Having him check under and in everything we own. We even went to mom's for a little while. I am kinda scared to get in bed and close my eyes because of it. I feel like my entire house needs to be sanitized from top to bottom because of the little critter.

All I can say is NASTY!!! And that I would rather not see them or have them anywhere near my house. The cats that were hanging around my house last year around this time need to come back!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry Kim, about your friend, I dont do well with any of the above. I dont do rodents at all..