Thursday, April 3, 2008

What's a girl to do?

So here is the story. I got a text last Saturday from a co-worked explaining she would not make it to work all week because her mom had to go to the hospital for a brain anyurism (sp). She texted me aging on sunday letting me know that her mom was being pulled off life support and wasn't going to make it.

My heart just sank. I thought what if that was me? Is she okay? Is she crying her eyes out like I would be? All the rest of us from work went to the viewing last night. She looked perfect. Still had her smile on her face and was very sweet and polite with everyone. I would definately not be like that if I had just lost my mom. she is the world to me.

So this week's schedule has been a little tough without her because she works a lot of hours that we are all trying to makeup. John can't work on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that meant that me and the other girl had to split them and work alone the whole time. So I get out of bed this morning not wanting to go to work I mean I had to be here at 8. That's pretty early. :)

So I get to work and at about 8:30 I got a phone call from the girl that was supposed to work from 2-7 telling me that her grandpa has passed away this morning and she was on her way to the hospital to be with the fam and then to head to her grandmothers.

I am feeling really bad and then started thinking again what if I was in her shoes I would be going balistic and wouldn't want to be at work so I told her I was sorry and that I would work on getting her shift covered for her. With one girl already out due to a death and now the other, that leaves me and John (who has school all day today).

So what do I do, call my sister-in-law Sarah that has worked her and asked if she could work a little while today so I could go home. She agreed but had an appointment so she could only work one hour. So here I am sitting at work all alone bored to death (at least its not crazy busy) and its only 12:40 in the afternoon and I have to be here until seven and my husband is at school today until 8:30 or 9. AHHHH.

Can we say slowly going crazy and also feeling so sorry for my co-workers in their loses.

0 comments: