Thursday, March 5, 2009

So Far, So Good

So far it has been a pretty decent birthday. Probably one of the better ones I've had. Growing up, I didn't get to have many parties because my dad is an accountant and it's tax season and there never really was time. We would always have family things, but never anything with friends. The one party I remember having with friends was a roller skating party and it was a joint party with my older brother because his birthday is the week after mine. I hated it because I hated to roller skate. No offense to you Mom and Dad, but my birthday's were never anything spectacular (or at least at that moment in my life they weren't. As a little kid you always want a big bash with all your friends etc.)

This year I woke up to a beautiful baby sleeping in my arms and a husband kissing me goodbye on his way to work. The day I don't think can start any better. Then while I am getting ready for the day, the doctor (endocrinologist) called with my test results from last week. Good thing they were supposed to call on Monday. I would have called them, but you know what I really didn't feel like it because I haven't been too impressed with them and their office. I love my pedi, family doctor and my ob/gyn. I just hate the endocrinologist. Here are the results:You should be able to click on it to enlarge it even more. My wonderful husband made this for me to make it easy to see/read. As you can see, my meter is reading me higher than they were. So either a. they mixed my blood up with someone elses or b. my meters suck and these really are my numbers. At the hour mark you can see how off my numbers were. It is pretty crazy that at one point it measured 293 and they got 171. So this whole time have my numbers been off? Have they upped my insulin for nothing, did I have to take pills for nothing? What is the deal. I am in fact NOT diabetic. Big Yay for me. I could be one day with my dad having it, his mom and my mom's dad having it. It is definately in the genes, but for now, I don't have it. YAY!! If you ever become diabetic or are, don't use either of these meters...I thought they were amazing because they didn't use too much blood at all to test, however, do you see how off my numbers were. Every time she took blood, I was checking myself. It is crazy how off the numbers are don't you think? So thats good news for my birthday. Happy Birthday to me!

Then we had our second playdate today. Maren, Katelin, Allison, Becky, Teresa and I all went to the park with our little ones. We had lots of fun. Becky brought cupcakes. What a neat treat. Thanks for a fun time!! (and thanks for the cupcakes!!)

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday Kimmy!!!!

Matt said...

So I suppose this means you want a cookie cake?

The Bedke Fam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and YAY for not being diabetic!! stupid meters...