Friday, March 13, 2009

Two Months Old

Parker is two months old today. It is hard to believe that it was already two months ago that we were blessed with him. He is a joy to us every day. He is quite the popular fellow in our family. As long as he is happy and doesn't need to be fed or changed, Aunt Squirt and Uncle Matt are always willing to play with him and hold him. He gets mad sometimes when Aunt Squirt leaves the room. (Aunt Kari goes by Aunt Squirt - sorry if I have never explained it...Kari had many nicknames growing up and squirt was one of them so all the nieces and nephews have called her Aunt Squirt) Mom was holding him the other night and Aunt Squirt left the room and he started to cry. She walked back into the room and took him from Mom and he was a happy camper! They are buds I think. When they get home from wherever they have been, they tell everyone high and then go up to Parker wherever he is to tell him Hi and give him hugs and kisses or tickle his feet. Here are some of the things that Parker can do...

1) He can stand up (well with us holding him of course - his legs have been strong for a while now)

Daddy was going to let go so I could get a picture of him standing without someone holding him. The picture above is the one I ended up with :)

2) Parker can smile. He loves for us to talk to him and gets big smiles on his face. He has been smiling pretty much since the beginning and everyone said it was just gas, but I think he just really likes to smile! He smiles all the time when we talk to him. He thrives for attention. He loves to be talked to and he'll even coo back at you.



3) He weighs around 12.5 lbs

4) He is about 24 inches long or so. He was born at 20 1/2 so he's growing. Some of his 0-3 month clothes are getting to small for him because he has such a long torso. He isn't really a chunky baby at all. His legs are pretty skinny. He is a lot like his dad.

5) Parker can eat as little as 2 ounces to as much as 8 ounces in an hour. Depends on his mood and if he is in a "growth spurt" or at least that's what I call it.

6) He usually goes to sleep anywhere from 10:30 to 12:00 and won't wake up in the morning until between 6:00 and 8:30.

7) He goes to sleep quick in the car as long as he has been changed and fed.

8) It is cute watching him look over my shoulder or at the ceiling at what looks to be nothing, but I know it's something because he will smile at whatever/whoever it is.

9) Although he doesn't bust out laughing, when we talk to him and give him attention, he'll smile and coo for a few seconds at a time and I know it's him laughing. He is so cute.

10) When he is going to sleep, he wants his face up close to your body. So I turn him towards me and then turn his head up so his nose and mouth isn't buried and put the paci in his mouth and rock him a little bit and pat his butt and he'll go right to sleep. He won't go to sleep like that for everyone.

11) He knows his Momma. He is with me all the time. A lot during the day it's just me and him so when we go to my mom's or when Adam's holding him, if he gets really fussy for some reason, I take him and usually he calms down almost immediately. I think it kind of bothers Adam sometimes, but hey, the kid was in my tummy for 9 months and I'm the one he sees and plays with all day.

In the first video, Daddy was trying to get him to smile for me for a picture, I decided to switch it to camera mode and video it. It's pretty cute if I do say so myself. The two girls Adam is talking about in the video are Jan and Jeff's babies. We are excited they are going to be staying with mom until they are able to go back to Arizona.

The second video is of him cooing/talking to us!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Griz was getting bored with me sitting at my computer desk, so he started to leave the room, but when I started playing that video he stopped and turned around and tried to figure out what that baby noise was.

My baby likes your baby! haha...

Janelle said...

Awww....so cute! Can't wait to see him on Saturday!

Unknown said...

He is so cute! I can't wait till I get down there to see him in person! He is going to be so big.

Becky said...

Awwww! His smiles make me smile too! What a cutie pie!

The Bedke Fam said...

all these pics are so cute. he's getting so big, kim!!! i just wanna snuggle him. lol.

Kimberly said...

I'm waiting for you and Ryan to come visit. I guess you two have just gotten to good for "the fruge" :) haha j/k I want you to meet my sweet little boy