Monday, February 16, 2009

Annoyed

Can I just tell you how sick I am of hearing about Hurricane Katrina. That was over 3 years ago and we still hear about it on television, radio, etc. We have had two hurricanes in our area since then too ya know. Hurricane Rita damaged several homes as well and last year we had Hurricane Ike that destroyed several homes. Look at what I am talking about...
The first picture is from Katrina in New Orleans...This second one is from Rita here in Texas...The third and fourth pictures are from Ike in Texas (the Pizza Hut is only 15 minutes from my house)...

We were just as bad, but you don't really hear anything about it at all. It kind of annoys me a little bit. Why is it that all you hear about it Katrina and New Orleans??? Can anyone answer that for me???


Also, why is it that crazy people are able to get driver's licenses? I get in so many almost accidents because people cut me off or ride my tail or something. It is like everyone thinks they own the road and because of that, so many accidents happen. Can you believe how many people don't know how a four way stop works? I have pulled up to so many four way stops and people don't know when it's their turn to go. How crazy is that? Some of us need to go back to driver's education and take a few classes. It is ridiculous. I'm tired of it.

Why is it that police officers smoke in their police cars and then toss the cigs out on the ground? Our tax money pays for those vehicles. They are destroying them with cig smell that you can almost never get out and then for them to toss them out on the street? We are trying to keep nature clean and our police officers are not helping. Does that bother anyone else? Or am I the only one that sees that and gets mad about it?

These things have been bothering me for a while. I just wanted to share and see if it bothered anyone else or if I'm the only one.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I have to admit I get annoyed when I hear about hurricane Katrina still. But I would never say that to someone from New Orleans. Hahaha! Maybe they're over it too...I dunno.Pretty sure you can say you're annoyed, but I can't...it's not PC or something.

The whole "where was the government when we needed them" thing seemed to have gotten out of hand. Natural disasters happen, quit blaming Bush for your house not getting replaced fast enough. Whatever.

If I really start thinking about what things annoy me, we could be here all day :)

The Bedke Fam said...

maybe texans just need to learn how to drive :)