Friday, February 27, 2009

Bumbo and the Doctor

Adam went and got Parker a Bumbo after work and AdFed last night. He likes to sit up and look around to see what's going on and he can hold his head up pretty good so we thought this would be a good investment. You pretty much have to get a loan from the bank to buy one because they are $38 and all it is is a foam chair. But hey, we like the foam and we had the money. It is definitely worth it! Here are some pictures from last night.He doesn't have a baby face anymore. He looks so grown up. He will be 7 weeks on Tuesday!He holds his head up pretty well.He is starting to doze and he's fighting it. Adam tried to get it taken with his eyes closed, but Parker opened his eyes just as it took the picture.Poor thing was exhausted. Yes we took him out after we took the picture. I couldn't let him stay like that.


I went and took my 2 hour glucose test today. I checked my blood this morning at 7:30 and it was 112. A little high for the morning, but I could deal. I check it when I pulled it into the parking lot at the doctor at 8:25 and it was 101. When I got in the building, the office wasn't open but tons of people were standing outside his office. They opened the door and it was almost like a mad dash to get in there to sign in. Mom went to the temple today so Parker came with me. It is a little hard to make a mad dash when I have a 6 1/2 week old with me. I was like 7 or 8 on the list. The lady doing all the blood work wasn't even there yet. They should have started the 2 hour tests first. Did they? Of course not. My two hours finally started at 9:35. Yeah. So I checked my sugar right then and it was 122. I'm thinking that has to do with the stress and being so mad about sitting there for an hour that it had jumped 21 points in an hour without food. They check it 30 minutes later and then again 30 minutes later and again an hour later. When I took the 3 hour test, my OB/GYN gave me the ranges for the test so when I checked my sugar each time. For the three hour test they just take it every hour so I checked the first hour numbers with the scale. I did it three times and my numbers were 219, 293 and then 250 something. It isn't supposed to be over 180. Yeah if I wasn't starting out high already, it would have probably been under 180, but you know. After the 2 hour numbers, I checked it again and compared. It isn't supposed to be over 155. My numbers were 119, 154 and 135 so all my numbers were under the 155. I get the real results back on Monday, but how can the test be true or right? I think they intentionally stress people out to make their numbers high so they have to keep coming back and get more money out of you. I'm kidding. I know they don't do that. But whatev! I'll post my results when I find out.

5 comments:

Maren said...

TOOOO CUTE!!!!! Love him!! Can't wait to see him!!!!

The Bedke Fam said...

he's so cute kim! i'm love him just chillin there in the bumbo. i've heard from several people that those things are good investments. hope your results come back as good news...

Heather Guymon said...

We love the bumbo in our house too. It's so sad you guys don't have a functioning craigslist in that area. I see bumbo chairs on Austin's craigslist for like 20 bucks all the time. Even I got mine on eBay for super cheap and with a tray included...

I can't get over how much Parker's face has changed! He is starting to favor you a lot in my opinion. Still has lots of daddy in him, but mommy is making her way through =)

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the pictures, he is starting to look so older. I cant wait to see him.

Shayla said...

I agree. I totally see you in Parker's face. Especially that second picture.