Thursday, December 17, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day

It's the day we get ready for Sunday. We clean the house and we stop at the store so we don't have to work until Monday. As a child we sang that song and it seemed like this past Saturday there wasn't time to clean the house because we had so many parties to go to...First we (Parker and me) went to my cousins bridal shower, then we went to Adam's Family Christmas Party with all his Aunts and Uncles and Cousins, then we went to our Church Christmas Party.

At the family party, we ate lots of good food, and had time visiting. The kids under 18 draw names and do a gift exchange that way. Parker got maracas! He loves them. The adults to a "chinese" gift exchange where the girls bring a girl gift and the guys bring a guy gift and then we draw numbers and sit in a circle etc. Adam ended up with a huge thing of drill bits (that he says he needed - I wouldn't really know haha). The funny thing about the girls exchange was there were three crock pots. Seriously. I am not kidding. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed spending the time with his family. It was Parker's first time to open a present so I videoed the whole thing, but I cut some of the middle out to post on here. Feel free to watch if you are interested.


At the Church Christmas party, we were bummed that it started at 6:00 and we didn't start eating until 6:45 or so because of food competition. I wish it wouldn't have taken so long. Parker was hungry! Then a family in our Ward (the Linder's) Played music for us. They are really good. The dad and oldest daughter play guitar, youngest daughter on piano and the son on the drums. I am not sure the kids ages but I think they range from 16-8 or something like that. The 8 year old is the one on the drums. I videoed Parker dancing and clapping to the tunes. Enjoy!

0 comments: