Saturday, January 17, 2009

Already Awake

It is 7 am and I am wide awake. Little Parker and daddy lay asleep in their beds snoozing and dreaming of who knows what. I can't believe that I'm already awake. It is so hard to get around with a huge cut in my gut, but I am getting around great for having surgery on Tuesday. C-sections are considered surgery right. They cut you open and sew you up right?!?

I remember after having my gallbladder surgery December 2007 and I couldn't move for 2-3 days. Court lived with us at the time and with mom having had a recent surgery, she couldn't help me out of bed hardly at all. Luckily when I would wake up and was ready to head to the living room to sit for the day, Court would come in and help lift me out of bed. It is so hard going from laying flat to standing up. I would walk around a little bit, but I think I am getting around better this time around. Thanks Court for all your help with that one.

Adam has to give me a hand sometimes for me to get up to go to the bathroom out of bed. Sometimes it hurts so much that I just use him for support. He has been a great dad to Parker. He stayed with me as much as he could at the hospital. The last night we were there, he was hurting so bad from sleeping on the "couch bed" that I told him he could go home and sleep in our bed and I would see if mom would come visit. He declined and said that he couldn't leave me there and him be home comfortable. He is such a sound sleeper, but when Parker whimpers in the night, he wakes up to check on him. Adam changes him every time for me. I still can't bend over to pick him up out of bed or anything. So Adam changes him, I feed him/burp him, and try to get him back to sleep. Adam takes him from me and puts him back in bed. I am so grateful to have them both in my life. Thanks sweetheart for all you have done for me and little Parker this week! You have made healing so much easier!

5 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

Kudos to Adam for stepping up like that! Shane to this day sleeps through a freaking hurricane so when Hannah wakes up sick or something I am usually screaming at him to bring me a bucket or something along those lines hahahaha...

And by the way MISSY did you check the FAMILY section of my blog list?? HMM????? LOL

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for your comments. I am glad to hear that everything is going good. I glad my little brother is stepping it up. Anyways, yeah I am hoping and trying to figure out how to go home for the weekend yall will have the blessing, (if yall let me know when it is going to be). That just a hint, hint. LOL!

Heather Guymon said...

Hahaha yeah I was like UM you must be blind Kim! It's been there since before you had Parker hahahaha. I wondered how long it would take you to notice! LOL I will forgive you this once being as you just had a baby and all =)

Shayla said...

Yes ma'am! A c-section is definitely surgery and you deserve to be waited on hand and foot! :) The worst part for me was sneezing or coughing or laughing. I remember just a couple days after my first c-section, American Idol auditions were on and we would watch them and I wanted to laugh at some of the ridiculous people but I couldn't. If I started to laugh it would hurt so bad I'd start to cry. But I'd be laughing too. Haha. Anyway. Just thought I'd share that.

Parker is SO STINKIN' CUTE! What a sweet little face he has. And I happen to think 8lbs9oz is perfect (mine were 8-13 and 8-11).

Anyway, I'm glad you're doing well and I'm glad that Adam is being Superdad. I look forward to more pictures of Baby Parker!

Hilary said...

Yes it's a major surgery! I hope you heal super fast so you can do everything you want to. Adam is so great for changing the diapers, etc.

Parker is adorable. I love that pic of him smiling :)