Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on Life

I went to the endocrinologist yesterday for a little check up on my gestational diabetes. My appointment was at 9:40 am. I was the first one in the waiting room and the first person to sign in. Mom and I waited and waited and waited and waited. Finally at like 10:10 or so they took us back and got my weight, checked my sugar, heart rate, pulse, etc and told us the doctor would be in in a few minutes. Mom said "is the doctor here" and the nurse replied that he was. So he finally came in about 10:20 or 10:25 or so. All he did was listen to me breathe with his stethoscope and told me that I need to up my breakfast and dinner insulin 5 more units. He said he would check on me in the hospital when I have the baby and that he would see me in his office again at the end of February. He was in there for about 5 minutes tops. Why do you have to wait so long for freaking doctors? I have been blessed thus far with my OB/GYN because the longest I have had to wait for him was about 10-15 tops and I never have to really wait for our GP. I love it.

I also have a sweet husband. He treats me like a queen and he is so sweet. I have done nothing all day long. Literally. I got up and ate breakfast and took my morning shot at 8 when he left, but then I went back to bed and stayed in bed until 11:20 or so. I then got up and have been on my computer all day and slugging on the couch. I texted him and told him that I had been lazy and I needed to get up to do something, and he responded, that "a queen can do whatever she wants". So he really does think I'm his queen. Tomorrow I'll do a lot better and get up and do something productive. I just haven't felt like it today.

We found out today that Adam was going to have to go in to work a half hour early this semester and leave a half hour late because he is taking two classes on campus and they will allow him to only take one. Even though one is during his lunch break, they told him that lunch was a privilege and if he wasn't going to go to lunch, he needed to be working. Are you kidding me? Typical Lamar is all I was thinking. He called me back a few hours later and told me that his Boss called HR to see if there was a way for him to get around going in early and staying late. Since Lamar will allow all employees to take one class, he was good for one and that since the other was during his lunch break, he could do it. HR said it doesn't matter what he does during his lunch break it's none of their business!!! YAY!!! So he is still going to be one class short from graduating in May, but the class he needs is offered in a May Mini, so he is going to do that and will graduate in August or whatever. I am so excited that he will finally graduate!

0 comments: