Friday, January 2, 2009

Tired all the Time

So I have decided that this huge stomach of mine needs to go soon. It is so hard to get comfortable at night. I can lay in one position maybe two hours tops and then I have to adjust and twist and turn. It is a lot of effort sometimes. I wake up every morning having slept, but not rested. It is so crazy to think that I am almost 38 weeks along and that he could really come at any time. It's also kind of scary.

What am I going to be like as a mom?
Am I going to be patient and loving when I have to get up every few hours to feed him?
Am I going to be one of those parents that lets their kids run wild?
Am I going to be so strict that he will still have a bed time at 17 (saw that one on Wife Swap)?
Am I going to be just as good as Caryn or better?

I watch her with her children and can't wait for Parker to get here so that I have my chance with my lil guy, but it's just kinda scary. How did mom raise 6 kids? How did mom go through 6 pregnancies, labors and deliveries with no complications with all of them being over 10 lbs? This is my first and Adam jokes that Parker might be an only child because he doesn't like it when I'm pregnant. It's hard to believe that at 5 weeks we found out I was pregnant and kept our mouths shut a few weeks. It's an exciting thing, but the fear of losing the baby and having to tell everyone was just not something we wanted to have to go through. Luckily, he is doing well and getting big and we have an ultrasound on Wednesday to see how big he is and maybe my doc will discuss an induction date with me. That would be nice.

1 comments:

mccabe44 said...

I sure hope you are better because there is several things that I fall short on!!