Friday, January 16, 2009

First Night Home

Well we came home from the hospital and Adam had me go straight to the couch. He got Parker situated, and brought in all the bags. He was nice enough to let me steal his computer for a while to post all the pictures and update and check all my email. I had 37 new messages from Monday. I was pretty excited. I loved reading everyone's comments and encouraging messages. Mom and Dad came by for a quick visit bringing us back Adam's car that they had been borrowing and all the bags from their house. Dad hadn't seen Parker yet because he got the flu last week and he wanted to make sure he was doing well before he came to see him. He didn't hold him though because he still has a little cough and wanted to make sure he didn't share it.

John and Marie then came and Adam left to go get Carmela's for us to eat. It was delicious. Kari and Matt showed up and Matt actually held him. It was fun to visit with everyone. After everyone left, Adam helped me to bed, changed Parker's diaper and handed him to me to feed him. He did so good through the night. He usually eats every 2 1/2 - 3 hours and with us sending him to the nursery every I was worried about it being our first night. He ate last at 11:30 last night and Adam woke up at 3 and checked on him to make sure he was still breathing. He was and so Adam knew that Parker would want food soon, so he went ahead and changed his diaper and handed him to me to feed him. He drank the whole bottle and went right back to sleep. He slept the rest of the morning until 8:00 or so.

Needless to say, night number one went well and I hope that each night continues like this! I am still in pain and moving around slow, but I am not taking pain killers every 6 hours. Usually just once or twice a day. I am surviving and I am hoping to be back to my usual self soon!

2 comments:

The Browns said...

Take it all one day at a time! C-sections aren't as bad as they say. The worst was ths pusthing on the stomach for me! OUCH!! He is precious. I can't wait to see him this summer when I come down. When I sit and think about it, I am blown away that you and Maren have kids.

Heather Guymon said...

Hannah gave us hell the first night she was home. She had colic so all she did was scream. It was not fun. She got much better the older she got though...but they go through ups and downs...so some nights they will do well and then others they won't do so well. Its great he was such a good boy for you that first night though.