Saturday, December 27, 2008

First Christmas

We have had a very busy month and it has been crazy. It has also been hard to believe that this is our first Christmas together as a family. We had a few while we were dating/engaged, but this was the first one after we have been married. I'll admit it was kinda weird at first sleeping in and not being at mom and dad's house to open gifts with them. It was weird not seeing them all day. But it was fun and exciting spending time with my husband for the day and we did head to Lufkin to spend time with Caryn and Court's families. So it wasn't just the two of us the whole day. Here are a few things we got for Christmas.Adam has been wanting new guitar strings for a long time, but hasn't gone to Beaumont to pick any up. Matt and Kari were heading to Beaumont and I asked them to get some for him so I could wrap them up and put them under the tree. Later that day, Adam and I were in the car headed who knows where and Matt called asking him what kind of strings he wanted. So that surprise was kinda ruined, but Matt was doing us a favor by getting the right ones so we wouldn't have to do a return later and Adam wouldn't have to pretend I did good. Thanks Matt and Kari for doing my shopping for me!
We went and saw the live performance of the Christmas Sweater and Adam loved it. The very next morning he had already posted on his blog on how he wanted the book, etc. Knowing he doesn't have time to sit and just read a book, I went and got it on cd so he could listen to it in the car or at work. Dad wrapped it for me and it has been under our tree all week. Adam thought it was his guitar strings until Christmas morning when he opened his guitar strings first. He had no clue, but loved it. We listened to the first cd on the way to Caryn's and I think the 2nd cd starts with chapter 5, so we'll have to listen more so we can finish the "book".
Parker isn't even here yet and he is already getting presents. We are wanting to do the nursery in Monkeys so mom and dad gave this to us. It is so soft. We love it. He even had a cute stocking at mom and dads house with a snowman with a diaper on. It is so cute and since he isn't here yet, they get to use it next year for his first Christmas.

I didn't take any pictures of my gift from Adam because it is impossible to take a picture of a camera with a camera. I told him I wanted a digital one before Parker came so I could post cute pictures of him for all of our friends and family near and far to see. I was 85% surprised. I kept asking him if it was a camera and was I guess hoping it was so much that I convinced myself it was. He said it was hard to keep it from me, but I love it and haven't really taken much pictures because I keep forgetting I have a camera!
My due date is quickly approaching and I feel like I could pop at any second. In fact the lady at Walmart today thought I was due any day now. So the above picture is me from almost 26 weeks and the dotted line is me now at almost 37 weeks. It feels like I have gotten so much bigger than that, but I guess not. I have only gained 9 lbs still so hopefully I can keep it that way for the rest of the pregnancy. Not much longer now, but hopefully at least after January 5 because mom is gone until the 30 and my doctor is gone until the 4th. I don't want the doctor on call to deliver because I love my doctor so much and I just want my mom there with me. Caryn assured me that if I went into labor before mom got home that she would find someone to watch her kids so that she could come be with me and attempt to take moms place. I love that my family is so close and we are all willing to be there for each other. Thanks Caryn!
Here is an actual picture of my gut today. I feel huge. I have washed all the clothes and blankets we have gotten so far for Parker and put them in drawers so that if he does surprise us sooner, I'll be somewhat ready. I guess I should start packing my bag to bring to the hospital so it's ready just in case, but I just haven't felt like it. What can I say, I'm a slacker. Well that's it for now!

1 comments:

Janelle said...

yeah, I would get that bag packed, so you'll be ready. I also started sleeping on a towel because I was afraid my water would break in the middle of the night, and I didn't want to get the bed all nasty. I was glad I did that because, sure enough, my water broke at 3:00 in the morning. Anyway...can't wait for the little guy to make his entrance! Take Care!