Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kimberly GRADUATED!!

We had a very busy day today. I was up by 6:30 or so to shower and get ready for graduation. I had to be there by 8:30. Graduation didn't officially start until 9:30, but they wanted us there early so that we could be lined up before it started. I told my advisor in my room that I was 8 months pregnant and I wasn't sure how long I could sit in the hot gym. She told a lady over here and the lady came back and spoke with me and told me that after I was handed my empty folder (yeah the thing that holds the diploma...with no diploma in it...so they don't give the wrong one to the wrong person yadda yadda yadda) to continue to talk out of the gym and not go back to my seat. Sweet! I didn't have to stay for the whole thing. It was so hot in there.

We then came home and had lunch with my siblings and parents. The only one missing was Crick, but he was just here for the wedding and couldn't make it back so soon. We had our "Christmas" with them. Since there are 6 kids in my family, we have always done a rotation so that we didn't go broke buying for all 5 of our siblings. As we have gotten older and gotten married, you just do a family gift or something for the sibling you have. So we exchanged those gifts today and the grandkids opened their pajamas (usually they don't open those until Christmas Eve). They got to do it early because Mom and Dad are heading to Utah for Christmas on Tuesday to spend with Crick. They wanted to do Christmas with their Texas kids before they headed out.

We then headed off to Vidor to do Adam's family Chirstmas with all of his aunts and uncles. It was fun and even little Parker got a few gifts. How fun. We have just been going going going all day long and we are finally just sitting down and relaxing. I am about ready to head home though and go to bed. I have this stupid head cold still and it is driving me crazy. I think I have been through a whole box of tissues just in two or three says.

Well this probably doesn't make sense and I am just rambling now, so that's it. The end.

5 comments:

The Musson Family said...

I've been waiting for this blog. Congrats Kim! You finally done it. And it was all done before the baby got here. Well done girl, well done.

Hilary said...

Hooray! Congratulations! It must feel SO nice to have that done with and out of the way. One more thing to cross off the list!

The Gardners said...

Congrats Kim-Chi! It must feel sooo good to be all done. Next thing on the "to do" list is to get that baby here nice and healthy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I bet it feels so good to be done!!!

Shayla said...

No more speeches! No more statistics! No more school! Bravo!