Thursday, November 20, 2008

Goodbye Speech

I stayed up late last night with Adam working on my speech. He helped do a lot of it. Then I read through it out loud a few times to get the hang of it. I was in bed around midnight and fell asleep about 12:30 or 1:00. I got up at 6:20 to shower and that is not enough sleep for me. I am so tired, but today was the first day for people in our class to do our persuasive speech. I kinda wanted to get it over with, but kinda didn't want to give it at all. When you get to class you just sign up on the board and no one wanted to sign up haha, but luckily we all kinda walked up at the same time and I signed up for the last spot (I got +10 for going today). It was on abortion (a topic given to me by the professor so I got +10). My stomach was in knots during everyone else's speeches. It hurt and it was hard to breathe. I was pushing down on my stomach to kinda release the pressure, but it wasn't working. After we give our speeches he verbally critiques us. He told me that he knew I was breathing for two but that I needed to not take such long breath breaks. My bangs fell in my face a lot, I spoke a little fast, I didn't speak loud enough at first, etc. But when all was said and done, I got an A!! (yeah so I did get 20 extra points, but hey whatever you can get.) He told me my outline was the best outline he had seen and wanted to keep it to show future classes if it was okay with me. Sure keep it. I don't need it anymore. I graduate in December. It's on Adam's computer. I'll be fine. So thanks Adam for "helping" me create such an amazing outline for my class!


I also spent the day with Kari getting things ready for the wedding on Saturday. We went to Vidor to see Grammer (Mom's mom) and had lunch with her and our cousin. Kari had her eyebrows waxed, then we headed to the church to help mom decorate (I wasn't much help). Then we headed to the mall to find her a jacket to wear over the dress she is going to wear to the temple because it is supposed to be cold on Saturday, find Adam and Justin a green tie, find Taylor black shoes, get nylons (to hide my white legs...we'll see how long I last in them with my big ol' gut...I would just wear knee highs, but my skirt for the temple and dress for the reception is knee length and wouldn't cover it up.) We found her a cute necklace to wear and then headed to walmart to get milk and bread for me since I'm on my special lil diet. I eat cheerios like every day and a sandwich for lunch...so we go through milk and bread like no other. We are back at home and I am so tired I could crash. Twilight is sold out for tonight and I'm bummed. Oh well...Life goes on...

0 comments: