Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Everyone knows that Adam wants to name Baby Haynes Batman. Last night I showed him a picture of Ashna (a family friend) and how cute it was that she dressed her tummy up like a jack-o-lantern for Halloween since he hasn't had her baby yet to actually dress up. Adam thought it was a great idea and found a picture like the one below.



He printed it out, cut around the oval and taped it to my stomach and said the baby is batman. Adam just wants the kid in kindergarten to walk up to his teacher or other kids and with a very straight face say "I am batman!" He can be a little ridiculous.

So the nerves haven't kicked in yet for Monday, but you can sure bet that by tomorrow night or possibly earlier I'll start getting nervous. I was nervous for my gallbladder surgery. I remember when Grammer (mom's mom) paid me to go to the doctor without crying. If I wouldn't cry she would give me money....I cried a lot of the time. I am a wuss when it comes to pain. I don't do it...I don't like it. That's why I think I was freaking out after my surgery when the nurse wanted me to get up and go to the bathroom before I left. They wouldn't let me have anything to eat or drink. Mom forced a spoonful of crappy soup down my throat...and I told her not to give me anymore. She tried it and said it was bad. They even turned off my IV. How could I go to the restroom without fluids in me? Hello talk about hard. I didn't want to get up because I didn't have to go and didn't want to cause myself pain. So then I puked all over the bathroom (I couldn't get low enough to the toilet just having surgery and all) that the nurse was fortunate enough to clean up. Lucky her huh. I don't do anything that would inflict pain on myself. Adam knows I don't take pain well. So I'll post and let you know how it goes...I'll tell Adam to post and tell you how it really went so you may have to check both our blogs.

0 comments: