Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ode to my Speech

Everyone thinks they are cool enough to say "ode to ..." I wanted to be cool to, but I don't really have an ode I just have the facts on my speech that I was scared to death to give.

So as you read on Tuesday, I did not get to give me speech. I had Matt write my name on the board when he got there so that I could be first to get it over with. He gets there before I do because he has to get a parking spot. I use a special pass to park up close since I'm 6 month pregnant (I am glad I do too it was storming Tuesday when we got out of class). So I leave about 7:40 or so and get there right before class starts. I was first. I was so nervous. My hands were shaking. I couldn't get a breath. It felt like I was fighting for air. I had to take a few pauses to breathe. He said I did good. That I needed to breathe from my diaphram more yadda yadda yadda. I got a 94 on that little speech. YES you heard (read) correctly. I aced it. I was so excited. Our next speech is a "How To" speech so I think I am going to do it on how to make my chocolate chip cookies (well mom's recipe not mine). My friends and roommates seem to think they are good. So I think I'll do okay. We'll see.

Baby Haynes has really been kicking me lately. It is cool to be laying in bed and to feel him moving around. I can't wait for January. Graduation is a month before my due date and I had a dream last night that my water broke as I was receiving my diploma. Can you believe it. That's why Mom I shouldn't walk at graduation. I should just pay to have it mailed to me. :)

It's Happy Birthday to ADAM today. He's the big 24...I'll post some cute pictures of him later.

1 comments:

Eric and Hilary said...

That is so great Kim! I would have hated it so much. I've dropped classes before because they had speaking in front of the class lol. I will do anything to avoid it. So CONGRATS! Also I love your blog background and name right now it looks really cute. I am getting so excited for you to have your baby-I had nightmares about my water breaking too! And one last thing i love the letters on your last post too-so cute! I am going to do some like that for sierra's room. well i better go she is stirring and im trying to eat before she wants to!