Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Speeches, Tests, and a Birthday

I "get" to give my dreaded speech on Thursday. We have had 9 people go so far and he was looking for three volunteers so I volunteered. I'm so nervous. It's my How To...I just have to figure out what to do a How To about. My professor looked at me after one of the speeches that went today and said see me after class. I was so nervous. I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong or not. That's his thing. He always says see me after class. So after class I packed my bag and walked up to talk to him and he said "when is your due date?" And I answered "January 20". He said "okay it's after the semester is over, but if for some reason something happens I want you to have my home number so you can call and let me know what's going on and if you need to take the final early, I will work with you and give you the information to study and a review." He gave me his phone number and I said "Thank you so much" and left the class. I am so excited to have a professor as nice as Mr. Warren is. He is a professor that actually cares about his students. It is amazing.

After I left school, I went and picked up my lab report from the doctor so I could do my little three hour blood glucose test. Wahoo. I tried to go do the test today, but they closed at noon for lunch and it was 9:47. Are you kidding me? They open at 7 tomorrow so looks like I am headed there in the morning. For the three hour one, you can't eat or drink anything after midnight. It's so crazy. I wish I could have gotten it done and over with.

Today is one of my older brother's birthday. If I was craving a cookie, I would have gone and gotten him one that said Happy Birthday Court on it or something to that sort since he lives 2 1/2 hours away. I wouldn't drive to bring it to him or anything. I would just take a picture to let him know I was celebrating. But I haven't wanted any real sweets lately. So I'll just post it here for him...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURT! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!

that's that in a nut shell.

0 comments: