Friday, October 24, 2008

Time Out for Women

Well we left this morning at 9 am to head to San Antonio. Our car was Mom, Grammer (mom's mom), Sarah (kev's wife), Kari and Me. I got the front because I'm "pregnant" and Grammer didn't want me to get sick. Haha. I was stoked. The other car (the Lufkin car) was Caryn, Janelle (Court's wife), and Sunshine (Caryn's good friend but we have all become good friends with her). So all the girls in our family were headed out.

We met at the Katy Mills Mall and ate at the food court and did a little shopping. I found a cute pair of shoes. I need a cute pair of black shoes for tomorrow to go with my slacks and for Kari's wedding. Adam said I could get them and it was buy one get one 1/2 off. Mom had a pair of shoes too, but hers were 16 bucks and mine were 50 bucks. So they did the half off on Mom's shoes and she got hers for 8 bucks. We then headed to San Antonio and checked into the hotel.

We went and bought tickets for tonights part of the conference. Then we headed to the Riverwalk Mall and ate at Chilis. It was horrible. The food was good, but the service was horrible. It took forever for the waiter to do anything and poor Sunshine was without a drink for about 30 or 45 minutes. I would have been too, but luckily there was a wall thing next to mom with a pitcher of water sitting on it. I was so excited. I think I drank like 5 glasses. I have been so hot all day. We were a few minutes late to the conference thanks to the waiter, but it was amazing.

My favorite part was Michael Mclean. He is an amazing song writer. He just wrote a song called "Sick and Tired". It's about sick and tired of being sick and tired. It kinda fits me perfectly. A lot of his songs did. I have just been very stressed and it just fit. I was glad we were able to get tickets to go in.

Adam and Matt are at home and I hear they did a little bit of the remodeling tonight at mom and dad's since we were gone. Poor guys are now not feeling well because they were sanding what they taped and floated the other day. I'm ready to go home and be with my husband. I don't like being away from him. I cried when he left for work this morning. I cried when I went to Lufkin last weekend to see Caryn (these are both just for one night...ugh). I cried in April when he left me from Wed to Sat for school stuff (a month after we were married).

Oh and as we were getting in the car this morning, the doctor's office called and my blood glucose test came back negative so I have to go do the three hour one sometime next week. Are you kidding me. So it has been a tearful day, but a good one after all. That's that in a nut shell. I'm going to bed.

1 comments:

Shayla said...

I'm so glad you girls got to go to Time Out For Women! I was able to go last month here in Vegas with my mom and sister. We didn't get Michael McLean, but we did get Hilary Weeks. She was awesome. The whole weekend was great. I hope you enjoy tomorrow's agenda too!

Sorry about your tearful day. I also had to do the three hour glucose test. Not fun. Hope it all turns out okay!